Gender Advisor - Volunteer in Bolivia
|Title:||Gender Advisor - Volunteer in Bolivia|
|Address:||La Paz, Bolivia|
|City:||La Paz, Bolivia|
|Salary:||To be determined|
Location La Paz, Bolivia
Start Date Aug - Oct 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
|Qualifications:||Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University Degree in Psychology, Gender, Social Sciences or other relevant field
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in gender-related issues
- Experience in development programs
- Experience in facilitation and participative methods
- Knowledge about communications and networking with different actors
|Description:||Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International in Bolivia works under two different programmatic areas: 1) Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth (ISEG) and 2) Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI). Under GESI the work is concentrated on reducing inequality and discrimination affecting women and other minorities such as indigenous groups, people with disabilities among many others in local organizations in the departments of La Paz, Santa Cruz and Chuquisaca.
We are now looking for a volunteer to support Cuso International in Bolivia to develop and support in the planning and implementation of GESI project according to the strategic plan. You'll be supporting Cuso International, volunteers and partners to include gender objectives and indicators in their placements, activities and in their organization. You'll be also advising, sensitizing and training different audiences on gender equality and positive masculinities. You will be providing simple, efficient and accessible tools, as well as ensuring the proposals and projects include gender focus.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Facilitate "Plan for Life" and masculinities - workshops to external audiences and train the trainers for these workshops.
- Train and support volunteers and partners in gender inclusion in different areas.
- Support in the annual planning and implementation of GESI activities in Bolivia
- Support in the inclusion of gender focus on projects and proposals
- Support in the organization of events, discussions etc. as per plan and as required.
|Please forward your resume to:||https://goo.gl/LueDP1|