ACSW 2019 Annual Conference
Connection To Change: Evolution, Innovation and Activism
in Social Work
April 4 - 6, 2019
BMO Centre on Stampede Park - Calgary
Early Bird pricing in effect until March 14, 2019
Registration closes March 28, 2019
Twitter Hashtag: #ACSW
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the recognition of the social work profession through legislation in our province. How has our profession evolved? What are some of the innovative practices we have used or developed? How are we using our social justice based values to advocate for improved structures and systems, the profession as a whole and for ourselves?
More Information (click each menu item to open)
- Provide a forum to share practice experiences
- Showcase recent developments and innovations in social work
- Highlight best practices that promote caring, self-fulfillment, autonomy, participation and independence for diverse populations
- Celebrate ethical practice
- Rejuvenate and refresh social workers through self-care workshops
- Connect with colleagues
- We are happy to be offering a number of workshops highlighting current research, innovation, self-care, creativity, self-expression and celebrating social work in various fields of practice.
- Professor Lena Dominelli, AcSS, Ph. D, CQSW
- Dr. Jackie Sieppert, Ph.D, RSW
2019 Program & Agenda (NOTE: Each participant will receive a personalized agenda upon registration)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for the 2019 ACSW Annual Conference click here for more information
- We are very happy to host our 2019 Annual Conference at the BMO Centre on Stampede Park - Calgary.
- The BMO Centre on Stampede Park is at located at 1410 Olympic Way SE, Calgary T2g 2W1.
- Delta Calgary South, 135 Southland Dr. SE Calgary (Preferred Rates Until March 7, 2019)
- Hotel Arts, 119 12 Avenue SW, Calgary (Preferred Rates Until March 4, 2019)
- Hilton Garden Inn, 711 4 Street SE, Calgary (Preferred Rates Until March 4, 2019)
- Holiday Inn: Calgary-Macleod Trail South, 4206 Macleod Trail South, Calgary (Preferred Rates Until March 25, 2019)
- This conference provides educational and networking opportunities for social workers. We invite your organization to become one of our valued sponsors for the 2019 Conference. Email email@example.com
- We are excited to now be accepting applications to participate in the 2019 Vendor Fair! Click here for the application form
- We are accepting submissions to participate in the 2019 Poster Presentation until February 11, 2019. Click here for submission form
- The Alberta College of Social Workers operates under the legislated requirements of Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). Any personal information collected through the process of registering for the ACSW annual conference is safeguarded with appropriate security measures and used only for conference purposes.
- Registrations are confirmed complete only when full payment is received.
- If you have registered and are subsequently unable to attend the conference, you may substitute someone to attend in your place. Any requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the greatly reduced rate for our conference refunds for cancellation will not be available.
- Regarding circumstances of an extreme nature, please contact email@example.com.